VIDEO: Breakthrough thinking: How do Ash get healthy then coexist with insects?
My first job with the trees in this urban forest preserve is to get them healthier. I had quite a conversation with my old buddy, this Ash tree, about how to get healthier. (scroll down to see a short video of that tree.)
Then, the tree and I talked about how all the Ash trees in the preserve could flourish without the Emerald Ash Borer coming into the park. The tree showed me--in my intuitive perception--what that would look like as an EcoPeace Treaty with the Emerald Ash Borer.
This video was made in the early days of the work with the Ash trees and Emerald Ash Borer insects: 2012.
I was starting to do early EcoPeace Treaties between them. In this video, I talk about how the early communication between the trees, the insect and me occurred and what they 'said.'
The idea here is "healthy trees, healthy insects, healthy ecosystems."
- Communicating intuitively and from the heart with Living Beings.
- Determining how two or more members of an ecosystem––possibly “invasives”––can live in dynamic balance.
- Mediating an agreement between those Living Beings based on their needs, not human needs.
The fundamental principle of EcoPeace Treaties is "Live and Let Live."
What is an EcoPeace Treaty?
- An agreement between two or more living beings, such as a tree and an insect.
- In the agreement, both living beings find a way to "live and let live."
- In the agreement, the person serves as a mediator ONLY and does not attempt to impose his or her will on the living beings.
What is involved with making an EcoPeace Treaty?
- Communicating intuitively and from the heart with two living beings.
- Being neutral and without preference. The person must come from the living beings' point of view. The person cannot have an agenda, want to control the outcome, or want to make the living beings do something for the person's benefit.
- Engaging in a mediation that determines how the living beings can live in dynamic balance.
For more information about EcoPeace Treaties, please click to go to all of the posts tagged "EcoPeace Treaties."